Natural Vitamin E 400 IU d-Alpha
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient, which functions as an antioxidant and has numerous health benefits.†
- Fights against damaging free radicals
Vitamin E fights against damaging natural substances known as free radicals. It is incorporated in to the fat-based tissues of the body, such as the heart, fat-carrier molecules like LDL (“bad” cholesterol), and our cell membranes, where it acts to stabilize these structures and protect them from free radical attack.†
In the News: Nature Made responds to the recent claims regarding Vitamin E and Multivitamins
Nature Made Vitamin E 400 IU d Alpha is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- Nature Made is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended letter vitamin Brand*
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors, or Preservatives
- No Yeast or Starch, Gluten-free
* Based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey of pharmacist recommending in this category
Dosage and Interactions
Suggested Use: Take one softgel one to two times daily, with a meal.
Vitamin E should be avoided when taking:
- Current research does not indicate that this supplement should be avoided when taking prescription drugs
Vitamin E should be used with caution when combined with:
- Blood thinning medication - (i.e. Warfarin and Coumadin), or other agents that affect the ability of blood to clot (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Aspirin, etc.). Vitamin E in combination with these medications may increase risk of bleeding.
- Lipid-lowering drugs - Vitamin E in combination with other antioxidant vitamins (beta-carotene, C and selenium) may reduce the therapeutic benefits of combinations of statins and niacin. Monitor lipid levels closely for potential changes in drug efficacy if using these antioxidants while taking statins plus niacin.
- Chemotherapy Agents - High doses of antioxidants should be avoided during chemotherapy treatment until additional evidence is available.
Caution: Consult your physician before taking this product if you have vascular disease (such as heart disease or history of stroke) or diabetes, are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any other treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
What is the difference between 100% Natural and Water Solublized Vitamin E?
Natural vitamin E (d-alpha) is derived from soybeans. Natural vitamin E is the preferred form of vitamin E for absorption by the body. Water solublized vitamin E is a synthetic form (dl-alpha) of the vitamin. Although it is not as absorbable as the natural form, those who have intolerance to soy products may use this form without allergic reaction. The water solublized form may also be beneficial for individuals with malabsorption problems unable to digest fats properly.
What is the difference between the two following forms of Vitamin E: d-alpha and dl-alpha tocopherol?
The d-alpha form is natural vitamin E, which is derived from soybeans. The dl-alpha form is a manmade, synthetic vitamin E. Clinical studies done on vitamin E have shown the natural form to be better absorbed compared to the synthetic form.
When speaking of Vitamin E, how many IU equal a milligram?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which is typically measured in International Units (IU). If you are taking the Nature Made 100% Natural Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol), 1 milligram (mg) is equivalent to about 1.49 IU. If you are taking the Nature Made synthetic Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 1 milligram (mg) is equivalent to about 1 IU.
For 40 years, we have been obsessed with quality at Nature Made®. From ingredient sourcing, to industry-leading manufacturing practices, to our third-party verification approach, we believe it is our responsibility to lead in delivering quality products and a quality consumer experience. For more information, click here
At Nature Made, we’re committed to quality. That’s why we work with USP, an independent organization that tests for quality and purity. The Nature Made difference is easy to see — just look for the USP Verified Mark on the label of our products.
Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in Nine Categories, based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey. – Nature Made has been recognized in the Letter Vitamins, Omega-3/Fish Oil, Coenzyme Q10, Flax Seed Oil, Herbal Supplements, Cholesterol Management-Natural, Garlic, Diabetic Multivitamins and Mood Health Supplements categories.
Recommended Articles & Videos
See All Recommended Articles & Videos