What this Supplement is
Inulin is a soluble fiber that works as a prebiotic in your digestive tract supporting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. What is a prebiotic? A prebiotic is food for the healthy bacteria in your gut. For example, inulin (a prebiotic fiber), is converted into short-chain fatty acids, which helps support a healthy environment in your digestive tract.† Kids First® Fiber Gummies come in tasty natural strawberry, lemon, and orange fruit flavors.
What's in our Kids First® Fiber Gummies
Amount per Unit:
Amount per serving (2 gummies): Dietary Fiber: 4g
- No Artificial Flavors – Natural Fruit Flavors
- No Synthetic Dyes – Colors Derived from Natural Source
- Gluten Free
What dietary shortfalls does this product address?
For kids, the requirement for fiber varies with age. A general rule for kids is 14 grams for every 1,000 calories consumed.
- Children 1 to 3 years: 19 grams of fiber/day.
- Children 4 to 8 years: 25 grams of fiber/day.
- Boys 9 to 13 years: 31 grams of fiber/day.
- Girls 9 to 13 years: 26 grams of fiber/day.
- Boys 14 to 19 years: 38 grams of fiber/day.
- Girls 14 to 19 years: 26 grams of fiber/day.
Where do we normally get this product from?
Good sources of soluble fiber include fruits, vegetables, legumes (beans), and whole-grain breads and cereals.
Who might need to take this product?
It’s important for kids to include fiber-rich food sources daily in their diets. If it’s a challenge for your kids to consume fiber-rich foods daily, then a fiber supplement like this one can help.
Children ages 4–18 years:
Chew 2 gummies daily. If gas, bloating or stomach upset occurs, reduce daily serving.
No two people are alike, so if you are taking medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur. Consult a healthcare professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplementation can lead to:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
Take only as directed. Do not exceed suggested use unless recommended by a physician. Not recommended for children under 4 years of age due to choking hazard.