Vitamin E 1000 IU dl-Alpha
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which functions as an antioxidant.†
- Essential nutrient for many cells, including heart muscle cells†
Vitamin E is an antioxidant and is an essential nutrient for many cells, including heart muscle cells.†
Nature Made Vitamin E 1000 IU dl-Alpha is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- Nature Made is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Letter Vitamin Brand*
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Verified
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Color Added
- No Preservatives
- No Yeast or Starch
- Gluten Free
Available Sizes: 60 Count
* Based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey of pharmacist recommending in this category
Dosage and Interactions
When to Take:
Suggested Use: Take one softgel one to two times daily, with a meal. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion.
Vitamin E should be avoided when taking:
- Current research does not indicate that this supplement should be avoided when taking prescription drugs
Vitamin E should be used with caution when combined with:
- Blood thinning medication - (i.e. Warfarin and Coumadin), or other agents that affect the ability of blood to clot (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Aspirin, etc.). Vitamin E in combination with these medications may increase risk of bleeding.
- Lipid-lowering drugs - Vitamin E in combination with other antioxidant vitamins (beta-carotene, C and selenium) may reduce the therapeutic benefits of combinations of statins and niacin. Monitor lipid levels closely for potential changes in drug efficacy if using these antioxidants while taking statins plus niacin.
- Chemotherapy Agents - High doses of antioxidants should be avoided during chemotherapy treatment until additional evidence is available.
Caution: Consult your physician before taking this product if you have vascular disease (such as heart disease or history of stroke) or diabetes, are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any other treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
What is the difference between Plant Based and Water Solubilized Vitamin E?
Plant based vitamin E (d-alpha) is derived from soybeans and is the preferred form of vitamin E for absorption by the body. Water solubilized vitamin E is a synthetic form (dl-alpha) of the vitamin. Although it is not as absorbable as the natural form, those who have intolerance to soy products may use this form without allergic reaction. The water solubilized form may also be beneficial for individuals with malabsorption problems unable to digest fats properly.
What is the difference between the two forms of vitamin E: d-alpha and dl-alpha tocopherol?
The d-alpha form is plant based vitamin E, which is derived from soybeans. The dl-alpha form is a manmade, synthetic vitamin E.
When speaking of Vitamin E, how many IU equal a milligram?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which is typically measured in International Units (IU). If you are taking the Nature Made Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol), 1 milligram (mg) is equivalent to about 1.49 IU. If you are taking the Nature Made Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 1 milligram (mg) is equivalent to about 1 IU.
For 40 years, we have been obsessed with quality at Nature Made®. From ingredient sourcing, to industry-leading manufacturing practices, to our third-party verification approach, we believe it is our responsibility to lead in delivering quality products and a quality consumer experience. For more information, click here
At Nature Made, we’re committed to quality. That’s why we work with USP, an independent organization that tests for quality and purity. The Nature Made difference is easy to see — just look for the USP Verified Mark on the label of our products.
Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in Nine Categories, based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey. – Nature Made has been recognized in the Letter Vitamins, Omega-3/Fish Oil, Coenzyme Q10, Flax Seed Oil, Herbal Supplements, Cholesterol Management-Natural, Garlic, Diabetic Multivitamins and Mood Health Supplements categories.
See All Recommended Articles