- Dosage & Interactions
- Supplement Facts
- Buy Now
The gentle release of garlic in the body results in virtually no after odor on the breath or the skin.
Nature Made Garlic Odor Controlled may help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels already within the normal range. Nature Made Garlic is quick-cool dried to preserve the many natural components of garlic. Nothing is added or extracted from raw garlic except the moisture. The gentle release of garlic in the body results in virtually no after odor on the breath or the skin. Most of garlic’s health benefits derive from the more than 100 sulfur compounds it contains, which includes the most well-known garlic sulfur compound: Allicin.
- May help maintain blood cholesterol levels already within the normal range
Nature Made Odor Controlled Garlic is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- No Artificial Flavors, Colors
- No Preservatives
- No Yeast, Starch or Gluten
* Based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey of pharmacist recommending in this category
Suggested Use: Take one tablet two times daily, with a meal. Tablet should be swallowed without chewing.
There are no known drug classes that should be avoided with Garlic.
Potential interactions may occur with the following:
- Anticoagulants or Antiplatelets, or any blood-thinning medications/agents affecting the ability of blood to clot. Combining garlic with blood thinning agents may increase risk of bleeding.
- Oral hypoglycemic drugs or other medications used to control blood sugar. Garlic may have an additive effect and lower blood sugar levels. Monitor blood sugar levels closely.
Garlic may alter the effectiveness of certain drugs metabolized by the liver’s cytochrome P450 enzyme system. Some common drugs in this category are:
- Anti-hypertensives or drugs to lower blood pressure
- Oral Contraceptives used to prevent pregnancy
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Anti-cancer drugs
Caution: If you are pregnant or nursing, or facing surgery, consult a health professional before taking this product.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
Other Ingredients: Cellulose Gel, Croscarmellose Sodium, Silicon Dioxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Carnauba Wax.
As ingredients may change from time to time, please check the label on the bottle.
- Are there any side effects/contraindications to know about if you are using Garlic?
Side effects that may occur when using garlic may include any of the following: gastrointestinal disturbances, heartburn, and flatulence, in sensitive individuals. Contact dermatitis may also occur in rare cases.
- Can I take Garlic if I'm on blood thinners?
Garlic can be safely used when taking blood thinners, although the dose should be monitored due to the blood thinning effects of Garlic. We suggest you discuss combining Garlic with blood thinners with a physician prior to using.
- Do Nature Made® Herbs products contain artificial flavors/colors?
Nature Made® and Nature Made® Herbs product lines are made to strict quality standards of purity, potency and release. Most all products are produced without artificial colors or preservatives. The few products that do contain artificial colors will state this in the ingredient listing on the label.
- Is the Garlic Oil cold pressed?
Yes. This manufacturing process is very effective for the Garlic to retain its natural potency.
- What is Garlic good for?
Garlic is one of the most widely used herbal supplements because studies show it may be beneficial at maintaining normal cholesterol levels in the blood. It may help support immune function and may support a healthy blood pressure.
- Why is allicin in the Garlic?
Allicin is not an added ingredient. This is an active ingredient in Garlic that is naturally occurring.
Save on Odor Controlled Garlic
See all coupons