Suggested Use: Take one capsule two times daily before a meal
There are no known drug classes to avoid with Milk Thistle.
Potential interactions may occur with the following:
- Anticoagulants or Antiplatelets, or any blood-thinning medications/agents affecting the ability of blood to clot. Combining milk thistle with blood thinning agents may increase risk of bleeding.
- Milk thistle may affect drugs metabolized by the liver’s cytochrome P450 enzyme system and may increase risk for side effects. Talk to your doctor about the medication(s) you are taking before taking milk thistle.
Caution: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult a health professional before taking this product.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption